Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My BFFF Petrie



I can't go long without sharing my BFFF Petrie...no, that isn't too many F's...he is my Best Furry Friend Forever! He is my shadow, my baby, my protector, my comforter...all the things a 4-legged, flop-eared, brown-eyed,hairy, polkadot guy should be, and we are devoted to each other. So I was scared to pieces the night about 3 weeks ago when he suddenly couldn't hardly get his rear end up off the floor, could hardly walk,couldn't jump up on his favorite chair, or do ANYTHING much but lay there and look at me with those pleading brown eyes asking mommy "what's wrong with me? It hurts!" Now mind you, he is only 4 years old...not an old guy...and this came on out of nowhere in the middle of the night. After a day of this, my two wonderful awesome sons took him to the 24 hr animal hospital, knowing their mom was freaking out JUST A BIT (and they love him too). Two prescriptions and a lot of dollars later they brought him home and the verdict seemed to be a pulled muscle or pinched nerve in his back. After a week or so of enforced "lie down and don't move", all the pills, and LOTS of love and hugs and kisses, he is now back to his bouncy, jumpy, hyper, ADD-dogness and I AM SO GRATEFUL TO GOD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment